Schedule your vaccine
Please review the following information before you schedule your appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine at MD Anderson. Be aware this scheduling application is for 1st dose appointments only. If you previously received a vaccine dose at another organization or vaccination site, please do not use this scheduling application to schedule your second dose. For questions about scheduling vaccine appointments or about the vaccine process at MD Anderson, please call 832-750-7890.
- The vaccination location will be at an MD Anderson Cancer Center building in the Texas Medical Center. Free parking is available in the attached parking garage. You will receive detailed directions once you schedule a vaccination appointment. Do not arrive at the vaccine location without a confirmed appointment date and time.
- After choosing your appointment time, be sure to complete the form information and scroll down to click the green "Schedule It" button.
- The COVID-19 vaccine you receive depends on the supply provided by the state.
- If the COVID-19 vaccine you receive requires 2 doses, you should try to receive both doses of the vaccine at MD Anderson. The second dose is administered a minimum of 21 (Pfizer) or 28 (Moderna) days after the first dose. You will receive confirmation for your Dose 2 appointment after you receive Dose 1. Receiving both doses of the same vaccine within the recommended time frame is the best approach to achieve the greatest benefit from the two-dose vaccines.
- All vaccinations are free. Bring your insurance information cards (including your red, white and blue Medicare card, if applicable), along with a photo ID. Your insurance may be billed for the COVID-19 vaccine administration fee. Your insurance carrier should process the vaccine administration charge without applying any out-of-pocket costs to you. Insurance is not required to schedule an appointment. For those without insurance, the vaccine administration fee will be waived. Those under age 18 will be asked if their parent, guardian or a responsible party has insurance. If so, they will be asked to provide a form of identification and insurance card. For minors without insurance, the administration fee will be waived.
- Public transportation (METRO / METRORail) is available nearby.
Vaccination of adolescents 12 to 17 years of age
- The FDA has authorized the emergency use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for individuals age 12 and up. Adolescents age 12-17 require a parent or adult guardian to accompany them to their vaccine appointment at MD Anderson. If a parent or legal guardian is unable to accompany the minor, the minor must be accompanied by an adult and bring a consent form signed by their parent or adult guardian with them to their vaccination appointment. Download the consent form for minors for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in English or Spanish.
- Adults without minors do not need to sign consents in advance. They can verbally attest before their vaccination.
- Children under age 12 are not allowed in the vaccine clinic.
- If you have had a COVID-19 infection or recently tested positive for COVID-19, you must complete 10 days of quarantine before coming on campus. Do not come for a vaccine appointment before your quarantine is completed. Schedule your vaccine appointment for a date after your quarantine time is finished.
- You should delay vaccination for 3 months after treatment for symptomatic COVID-19 with monoclonal antibody therapy or convalescent plasma.
- In rare cases, people with a history of allergic reactions to a vaccine or injected medication should proceed with caution or avoid vaccination.
- By scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, you confirm the following is true:
- No one in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 by nose swab in the last 14 days.
- You have not had a cough more than usual, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- You have not had a fever greater than 100.4°F (38°C) or chills in the past 7 days.
- You have not had a positive COVID-19 nose swab test results in the last 10 days.
- You do not have a pending COVID-19 nose swab test result.
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet (English and Spanish)
- Pfizer-BioNTech Dose 1 attestation document (English and Spanish)
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet (English and Spanish)
- Moderna Dose 1 attestation document (English and Spanish)
- Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet (English and Spanish)
- Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine attestation document (English and Spanish)